When we receive our Utility Bill (electricity or water), most of us tend to do one thing…and one thing only: Look at the total charge for the month!!! If the value is more or less within the ballpark of normal, we feel a sense of relief and pay.The actual details of consumption (in kWh or KL) barely gets a glance; nor the number of days the invoice relates to; cost per kWh, or KL, or the fact that ±50% of the water bill considers Sanitation/Sewage, etc, etc.
Through the introduction of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), First Look, provides “benchmarks” and simple visual references of consumption and cost trends over a 4 years period, enabling the school’s Administrators with valuable indicators, from which informed decisions can be taken.
Presently, four main KPI’s have presently been created. These are:
- Monthly Consumption & Cost: How does this month invoice consumption and cost compare with the last 4 years.
- Annual Consumption: How does your present annual consumption and costs compare to the last three years.
- Cost Breakdown: What portion of your invoice is directly related to electricity and water.
- Consumption per Pupil: What is the cost per pupil per day of electricity and water (see this article for further explanation of Consumption per pupil per day).
As the application evolves, further important KPI’s will be added to bring further clarity, which will include:
- Is the invoice based on actual or estimated readings;
- Comparison between Municipal Invoices and ESKOM Invoices;
- Historical cost per kWh and KL;
- Projected costs per kWh and KL;
- A “league table” of the most efficient schools on the application;
- And More…
In order for First Look to develop as a Platform, Suntricity has decided to add invoice data for the years 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 to the Platform at NO COST (yes we mean FREE OF CHARGE) to Schools in Gauteng.